The Guild was created on May 27, 1586 at the Haut-Barr Castle by the Bishop of Strasbourg, Jean de Manderscheidt, to reinforce friendships and to avoid wars. The symbol is an auroch’s horn containing 4 pints of red Ottrott wine. Any future sworn-in knights were forced to empty the horn.
* a pint = 0.93 litres
We want to remain faithful to an ideal of promoting tourism, wine and gastronomy in our village and our region of Alsace.